Regaining your luscious locks: the possibilities
Do you see a lot of hair on your pillow when you wake up? Are you losing a lot of hair on combing or shampooing? Do not worry because you are not alone! Hair loss affects nearly two-thirds of men and an estimated 40% of women by the age of 35. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including stress, illness, genetics, and even, lifestyle changes.
Fortunately, there are several treatment options available that can cause hair to regrow naturally and improve the appearance of thinning hair. One of the most popular treatments includes PRP (platelet-rich plasma) therapy, which is a minimally invasive and natural procedure. Before delving into the pros and cons of PRP treatment, it is important to understand hair loss itself.
What is hair loss?
Excessive hair loss, also referred to by an umbrella term called alopecia, is a condition where hair follicles gradually stop producing hair. Causes for the same can be affected by several factors, such as genetics, stress, hormonal changes, age, and certain medical conditions. Hair loss can be temporary or permanent and can affect both men and women.
Can hair regrow naturally?
In some cases, hair can regrow naturally. If the cause of the hair loss is temporary, such as stress or illness, then recovery may start to show once the underlying cause has been treated. This process typically takes between 3-6 months and may be encouraged by taking certain vitamins and minerals, while also maintaining a healthy diet.
However, if the cause of hair loss is due to genetics or age, then hair may not regrow naturally. In this regard, medications or treatments may be necessary to stimulate the hair follicles and promote regrowth.
PRP hair treatment
PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment is a minimally invasive procedure that involves injecting a sample of platelets extracted from the blood of the patients themselves into the scalp. The extracted blood is typically centrifuged to separate the platelets from the other components. This platelet-rich plasma contains growth factors that can stimulate the growth of new hair follicles, as well as strengthen existing ones.
How is PRP hair treatment natural?
PRP hair treatment uses the body's healing mechanisms to promote hair growth. The growth factors present in PRP stimulate stem cells in the hair follicles, which in turn, promote hair regrowth. The procedure is thus, completely natural and does not require any synthetic agents or drugs.
Is PRP treatment effective for hair regrowth?
Research suggests that PRP treatment is effective for hair regrowth. Studies have found that PRP can regrow hairline by stimulating the growth of new hair follicles. Thus it decreases the width of existing bald patches. Although the success rate of PRP hair treatment varies, it has been reported to be as high as 80%.
Does PRP regrow hair permanently?
PRP may not help to regrow hair permanently but can offer quite long-lasting results. The treatment must be repeated to maintain the results.
Which individuals are suitable for this treatment?
PRP treatment is suitable for individuals who have mild to moderate hair loss. People with extreme hair loss may need to consider other treatment options, such as hair transplants. It is always recommended to consult a dermatologist before undergoing any procedure.
Which individuals are not suitable for this treatment?
PRP hair treatment may not be suitable for people with certain medical conditions, such as specific autoimmune diseases, blood clotting disorders, active infections, and cancer. In addition to this, women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should be especially careful while using PRP for hair loss treatment.
Benefits of PRP hair treatment
- Stimulates hair growth: The treatment involves PRP, which contains growth factors and other bioactive proteins that help to promote hair growth.
- Minimally invasive: These treatments are non-surgical and require only a few injections.
- Involves low risk: PRP is a safe and effective treatment with a minor risk of side effects.
- Affordable: PRP treatments are generally more affordable than other forms of hair restoration, such as hair transplants.
What is the cost of PRP hair treatment?
The cost of PRP hair treatment can range anywhere between Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 20,000 per session. However, the total PRP hair treatment price may vary depending on a range of factors including the number of sessions required, the quality of the treatment, and the experience and expertise of the clinic. At UnCover, PRP treatments start at Rs 5000 for a session of 60 minutes
How to continue to regrow hair naturally?
Learning to combine PRP hair treatment with natural care remedies can help to ensure the desired results when it comes to hair fall control.
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Eating foods that are high in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients can help promote healthy hair growth. Foods such as eggs, spinach, nuts, berries, and avocados can be especially beneficial for hair growth.
- Reducing stress: Stress is a direct cause of hair loss; therefore, reducing stress levels can help to encourage hair regrowth. Relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, or deep breathing can help in this regard.
- Massaging the scalp: Gently massaging the scalp with fingertips can help to improve circulation in the area, which can then promote hair regrowth.
- Using essential oils: Essential oils such as lavender, rosemary, and peppermint can help to stimulate the scalp and encourage hair regrowth.
- Avoiding tight hairstyles: Tight hairstyles such as braids, cornrows, and ponytails can cause traction alopecia, which can lead to hair loss. Therefore, trying to avoid tight hairstyles and opting for looser, more comfortable styles can be rewarding.
Say hello to healthy hair again
To sum it up, even though hair loss can be a common problem, the solutions for the same are readily available. PRP hair treatment is one of the most popular treatments for natural hair regrowth and is quite effective. However, it is important to remember that the success rate for this approach may vary between individuals.
CTA: Visit UnCover today to know more about the best and most affordable PRP hair treatments!