PRP stands for Platelet-Rich Plasma injections. A dermatologist and hair replacement expert use PRP injections to treat hair issues like hair thinning, hair fall, and hair loss. It is also used to enhance cosmetic purposes like stimulating the growth of hair and as an anti-aging treatment. The PRP hair therapy treatment is safe as it uses the patient’s plasma. It is a rapidly growing procedure with minimal risk and stimulating healing procedure. Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy helps restore and boosts your body’s hair growth mechanism. Talk to your doctor for more information on PRP for hair growth.
According to the National Library of Medicine, platelet-rich plasma has emerged as a new treatment modality and has a beneficial role in hair regrowth. Numerous studies suggest that PRP treatment is the most successful non-surgical method. PRP therapy reduces hair loss in people with female and male pattern baldness. The success rate is nearly 60-70% in helping to treat Androgenic alopecia.
What is Platelet-rich Plasma?
Plasma is the liquid portion of whole blood. It is mostly composed of water and proteins. It also provides a medium for red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. Through plasma centrifugation, the platelet is concentrated. Platelets, or thrombocytes, are a type of blood cell that contain growth factors. Doctors use Platelet-rich Plasma on injuries or damaged tendons, ligaments, muscles, joints, and skin.
What is PRP hair therapy?
PRP for hair is a three-step medical therapy in which a person’s blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the scalp. This concentrated platelet acts as a growth hormone to aid in the reconstruction of tissues. It restores the density and thickness of a patient’s hair. So PRP is the best treatment for male pattern baldness. Especially if looking for a non-surgical treatment for hair growth.
Choosing the right doctor is also crucial. To know more about hair therapy, book an appointment at UNCOVER or call (+91)9752007200.
Who should get the PRP injection for hair loss?
Both men and women can take the PRP treatment. PRP therapy can help reduce hair loss and thinning.
Here are some people who may be benefitted from PRP injection for hair loss:
- Balding man
- Women who have experienced hair loss or thinning hair as a result of menopause or hormonal changes.
- People who began losing hair within the last five years.
Who should not go for PRP treatment?
Below is the list of people who should not go for Plasma treatment for hair loss:
- Heavy smokers
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Medical disorders like sepsis, chronic liver disease, acute infections, platelet dysfunction syndromes, and cancer patients should not opt for PRP
- Patient on blood thinners or anticoagulation therapy
- Skin infection or an active infection on the scalp.
What is the procedure for hair PRP treatment?
PRP is a safe and effective way to reverse hair loss and stimulate new hair growth.
PRP for hair growth is an outpatient, non-surgical procedure that involves using an autologous blood sample. It is a three-step procedure that promotes natural hair growth on the scalp.
- Collection of blood samples:
Platelet-rich plasma is created by using a patient’s blood sample.
- Separation of platelets:
This blood sample is placed in a centrifuge device. This device spins continuously to separate blood components from platelets and concentrate them within the plasma.
- Inserting of PRP:
After the formation of PRP, the doctor will anaesthetise you with cream. The platelet-rich plasma solution is injected into the target area. This will cause minimal discomfort and the procedure will be completed within a few minutes.
- Once platelet is injected, they break down and release growth factors. This growth factor helps cells repair and renew. Eventually promoting hair growth.
The results are noticeable after several weeks for joint injury and 5-6 months for hair growth.
In some cases, you need to repeat the procedure to maintain the results.
At UNCOVER, we have qualified dermato-trichologist who take care of the patients pre and post-surgery, to make them feel comfortable throughout the sessions.
What is the benefit of PRP?
Here are a few benefits of PRP hair therapy:
- Non-surgical: It is a minimally invasive and outpatient treatment.
- Non-scarring: There are no scars or cuts. Dermatologist uses only a needle to inject the platelet-rich plasma.
- Minimal discomfort: With local aneasthesia, there is no pain.
- Absolute safe: Recovery is quick compared to other surgical procedures. It is safe as it uses your body cells. There is no risk of cross-contamination or allergy.
- PRP contains growth factors that strengthen thin and weak follicles, minimising hair loss, and encouraging hair regeneration. It boosts the growth factor and speeds up the growth of hair.
- Quick treatment: PRP procedure usually takes less than an hour.
What are the complications of PRP treatment?
A common risk of PRP injection is:
- You may experience pinpoint pain and bleed
- Soreness and redness at the site of injection
- Heaviness in the head that may subside within an hour with an analgesic.
PRP injections for hair loss are used to support tissue regeneration, including hair growth, and work in conjunction with hair transplants and other procedures. Our procedures are:
- Minimally invasive
- Use of local aneasthesia
- Outpatient procedure
At UNCOVER, along with advanced technology, we have the most experienced, reliable, and best dermatologists. Our experienced and knowledgeable team is committed to providing personalized, accessible, cost-effective, and tailored aesthetic treatment with advanced and safe technology.
To know more about Platelet Rich Plasma therapy for hair loss, book an appointment at UNCOVER or call (+91)9752007200.
1. How is Platelet Rich Plasma created?
It is a simple procedure and takes around half an hour. A small sample of your blood is drawn and spun at high speed to separate platelets from other components of blood to obtain a higher concentration of growth and healing factors. Platelets secrete growth factors for wound healing. PRP hair therapy uses the power of platelets to stimulate hair growth and treat baldness in men.
2. How long does it take to regrow the hair after PRP treatment?
It may take up to 6 months to notice the effect.
3. How long does PRP treatment last?
Plasma treatment for hair loss lasts for 1- 3 years.
4. How many sessions of PRP Hair Treatment are required?
PRP hair therapy needs at least 4-5 sessions. But it varies from patient to patient.
5. What are the precautions Before and After the treatment?
You will be asked to stop certain medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen and blood thinners before the treatment.
You should not wash the area that was injected for 48 hours after the treatment.
6. Is PRP treatment safe?
Yes, it is safe as the patient's blood is used to derive plasma that will be eventually used during the treatment. So there is no risk of transmission of infections or damage to your skull or your brain.
7. What is the success rate of PRP?
PRP hair therapy is one of the most effective non-surgical ways to cure hair loss, thinning of hair, and pattern baldness. After 2-3 sessions, one will notice visible hair regrowth. The success rate is 60-70% for early and moderate cases of androgenic alopecia.
8. What are the other uses of PRP?
PRP therapy is used for several conditions from pain to cosmetic surgery.
Osteoarthritis: PRP is effective in improving low to moderate knee osteoarthritis. This therapy reduces the occurrence of pain in osteoarthritis patients.
Skin treatment: Facial rejuvenation treatment is done by PRP. it eliminates lines, folds, and wrinkles.
Post-surgical healing: PRP is used to accelerate the healing process after surgery.
Muscle and joint injury: Injuries like tennis elbow or sports injuries can often take a long time to heal. Following Platelet Rich Plasma therapy can boost the healing process and decrease pain.
9. Can PRP reverse baldness without surgery?
The primary goal is to speed up hair follicle growth and stop hair loss and thinning. PRP for hair helps treat male pattern hair loss (androgenic alopecia). It is found that PRP injections for hair loss increase hair thickness and density. Hair growth will be accelerated and healthy-looking hair will be increased. PRP aid in the stimulation of hair growth after hair transplants.
If you are experiencing hair loss and thinning of hair, schedule an appointment with one of the best hair transplant surgeons in UNCOVER.
10. What is Androgenetic Alopecia?
Androgenetic alopecia is a form of hair loss in both males and females. Hair is lost from both the temple area. Hair growth decreases and progresses to baldness.
11. How long does the PRP procedure take?
PRP injection hair treatment takes about an hour for the whole process.
There are several treatments like hair transplants, medication, or PRP hair therapy. Talk to your doctor about the best suitable option for you. PRP is a safe and efficient procedure to reduce hair loss and promote new hair development.
Consult with our expert at (+91)9752007200 most trusted advice and tailored treatment plans that let you UNCOVER the original you!