Control hair fall at home
Hair thinning signs like noticing extra strands of hair on a comb and towel can be hard to deal with. But it can be stopped by learning some key points related to hair fall treatment.
This article is for people who want to tackle hair fall by using homemade hair fall treatment options.
Read on to know the DIY home remedies for hair fall.
Causes of hair fall
Before listing some homemade hair fall treatment options, it is crucial to understand what causes hair fall.
Humans lose hair regularly, and hair loss occurs when the fallen hair is not replaced by new strands. Here are a few top causes:
- Heredity: This usually happens with age and is called male-pattern baldness and female-pattern baldness. Here the hair loss patterns are somewhat predictable—bald spots and a receding hairline in men and hair thinning along the crown in women.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions can trigger hormonal changes leading to hair fall. Pregnancy, childbirth, thyroid conditions, and menopause are some conditions that can cause temporary or permanent hair loss.
- Medicines and supplements: Some drugs used for arthritis, depression, cancer, heart problems, and more can cause hair loss as a significant side effect.
- Excessive stress: People may experience temporary thinning of hair after an emotional shock or going through extremely stressful times.
- Hairstyling: Hairstyles that tend to pull the hair tight can cause a specific type of hair loss called traction alopecia.
Symptoms of hair fall
To use the homemade hair fall treatment properly, one must know when to use them. Knowing the symptoms of hair fall can help with that. Here are a few of them:
- Gradual thinning on top: This symptom is usually noticed in people as they age. Men mostly observe receding hair at the hairline on the forehead. Women, on the other hand, notice a gradual broadening of the parting in their hair.
- Circular or patchy bald spots: Loosing hair in a patchy or circular bald spot is also common. The person might experience itchy skin near the balding area before the hair falls out.
- Sudden hair fall: As mentioned above, emotional and physical shocks can cause hair fall. A good bunch of strands on the comb and towel after combing and drying can be noticed here.
DIY remedies for hair fall
The list below contains the best DIY remedies for hair fall:
Using coconut oil
Coconut oil contains fatty acids that help to strengthen hair roots and increases hair growth. Applying 2-3 tablespoons of mildly heated coconut oil on the scalp and leaving it overnight before washing it out can produce good results.
Apply aloe vera
Applying fresh aloe vera is one of the best DIY remedies for hair fall. Fresh aloe vera gel conditions the hair and soothe the scalp. It is also excellent to reduce dandruff.
People with no access to fresh aloe vera can use shampoos and conditioners containing aloe vera.
Consume fish oil
Fish oil contains omega fatty acids that help improve hair by providing proper nutrients and proteins. Consuming fish oil with antioxidants helps to boost hair thickness and density. However, one should consult a doctor before introducing these new supplements to their daily diet.
Use onion juice
The smell of onion juice may be too strong to handle, but it is highly effective to tackle hair loss. Applying onion juice is an excellent homemade hair fall treatment. People with hair loss issues can squeeze the juice of onion and massage it on the balds spots, scalp, and hair. Let it settle for 15 minutes before shampooing.
Fresh lemon juice
Similar to onion juice, lemon juice can also be applied to the scalp and hair to promote hair growth. One can put it on the scalp for 15 minutes before washing it off.
Other treatment options
Homemade hair fall treatment is good but does not guarantee quick and noticeable results. To see early results, here are a few professional treatment options that people can consider:
- Minoxidil: Using minoxidil can help to control early hair loss. One can use a directed amount to stimulate hair growth and prevent further hair loss.
- Microneedling: Here many tiny punctures are made in the scalp by a device containing hundreds of small needles. It is effective for hair loss when used with minoxidil.
- Corticosteroid injections: Dermatologists inject certain medicines into the bald spot areas to promote hair growth in the region. However, the patient must visit the dermatologist regularly as the injections are usually given every 4-8 weeks depending on the requirement.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP): PRP treatment is one of the safest and most effective ways to tackle hair loss. The complete treatment does not require any downtime and can be finished within 10 minutes.
PRP treatment for hair loss
PRP treatment uses the healing properties of platelets to restart hair growth. Here the dermatologist creates PRP by collecting a specific volume of blood from the patient. The collected sample is then spun to separate platelets.
The separated platelets are carefully injected back into the plasma. This entire process boosts hair growth rate.
Due to the healing properties of platelets, this treatment is also used to heal ligaments, tendons, muscle injuries, and joints. PRP treatment is also believed to boost stem cells and collagen levels.
UnCover offers top-notch PRP treatment facilities with the best dermatologist to help people fight hair loss in a short time.
To sum up
Dealing with hair loss should not be a big task if one knows the right DIY remedies for hair fall and the other available treatment options. Use the homemade hair fall treatment options described above, like using onion, aloe vera, lemon, fish oil, and more.
To get faster results, consider going for advanced treatment like PRP. PRP treatment can be completed within a few minutes without any downtime.
Visit UnCover to get the best PRP treatment facilities carried out by highly experienced doctors. It is time to say goodbye to hair loss and bald spots.