Don't let these mistakes ruin laser hair removal results!
Say goodbye to unwanted hair with laser hair removal! However, it's important to know laser hair removal before and after tips to ensure the best results. From sun exposure to certain medications, several common mistakes can interfere with one's laser hair removal (LHR) treatment.
This article covers mistakes one must avoid before and after one's LHR treatment. By following these tips, one can ensure that the treatment is a success and one can enjoy silky smooth skin for a long time.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal targets the pigment in the hair follicle, which absorbs the laser energy and destroys the hair root.
A technician will clean and shave the area to be treated. Next, they will apply a cooling gel or device to protect the skin and enhance the effectiveness of the laser. Then they will pass the laser over the skin. After the treatment, the technician will share post-care instructions such as using a cooling gel or ice pack to soothe the area.
Who is the right candidate for LHR?
Ideal candidates for the procedure have dark, coarse hair and fair skin since the laser targets the hair pigment. People with blonde, red, or grey hair may not be good candidates as their hair has insufficient pigment.
It's important to disclose any medical conditions or medications one takes as they may affect the procedure's safety and effectiveness. Pregnant women should avoid LHR due to unknown effects on fetal development.
How many laser hair removal treatments are needed?
One usually requires 6-8 sessions on average. This number depends on the area being treated, hair thickness and colour, and skin type. The procedure is generally not painful, but some people may experience a mild stinging sensation. To reduce discomfort, avoid caffeine and alcohol before the procedure, use numbing cream, and consider a laser with a cooling system for soothing the skin during treatment.
Side-effects of laser hair removal
Here are some common side effects to watch out for:
- Skin irritation
- Changes in skin colour
- Blisters and burns
When to seek medical care
While the side effects of LHR are usually mild and temporary, in some cases, they may require medical attention. One should seek medical care if:
- One experiences severe pain or discomfort after the treatment.
- The treated area is swollen, red, and hot to the touch.
- One develops blisters or burns on the treated area.
- The skin in the treated area appears to be infected, with oozing or pus-filled bumps.
The do's of laser hair removal
Here are some do's that one should keep in mind when preparing for one's LHR session:
- Shave the area to be treated a day or two before the appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothing that won't rub against the treated area.
- Use a cooling gel or ice pack to soothe the area after the treatment.
- Follow the post-care instructions provided by the technician.
- Be patient and realistic about the results. It may take multiple sessions to achieve the desired outcome.
Laser hair removal aftercare
Here are some don'ts that one should keep in mind:
- Don't expose the treated area to the sun for at least two weeks before or after the session.
- Don't use any hair removal methods such as plucking, waxing or threading, before the appointment.
- Don't apply any creams, lotions, or makeup to the treated area before the appointment.
- Don't use hot tubs, saunas, or steam rooms for at least 24 hours after the treatment.
- Don't pick or scratch the treated area, as this can increase the risk of infection.
The cost of laser hair removal treatment in India
The cost of LHR treatment in India can vary depending on the area being treated, the number of sessions required, and the type of laser used. On average, the cost per session at UnCover can range from Rs. 1,500 to Rs. 10,000. Larger areas such as the back or legs may cost more than smaller areas like the upper lip or underarms. It's also important to keep in mind that multiple sessions may be required to achieve optimal results, which can further add to the overall cost. However, with advancements in technology and increasing competition among clinics, the cost of LHR in India has become more affordable in recent years.
The bottom line
LHR is a safe and effective method for getting rid of unwanted hair permanently. However, it is important to prepare for the treatment and take good care post laser hair removal to achieve the best results. It is also important to consider the cost of laser hair removal in India, as prices can vary depending on the location, clinic, and expertise of the practitioner.
UnCover offers unique solutions to help achieve one's desired results. With a team of experienced practitioners and state-of-the-art technology, UnCover provides safe and effective LHR treatments at affordable prices.