There are several societal norms and beauty standards that people think they need to abide by. Fairer skin is considered somewhat "perfect". This isn't the right way to be. One should consider treatments because one feels comfortable doing them. Also, it's a personal choice – maybe to feel confident or for some other reason.
Many people resort to skin whitening procedures when confronted with freckles, age spots, scars, moles, acne, and birthmarks. The amount of melanin in a person's skin determines its colour.
People with darker complexions have more melanin. Melanocytes are the cells that produce melanin. And while there are procedures, skin-lightening treatment costs depend on several factors.
What is Skin Whitening Treatment?
The process of lightening the colour of one's skin through various methods is referred to as skin whitening. It is a cosmetic procedure. It aims to reduce melanin production. Melanin is the pigment that gives our skin, hair, and eyes their colour.
Skin-lightening agents like hydroquinone or glycolic acid can be used in topical creams, lotions, and serums to lighten the complexion in various ways. Chemical peels, laser treatments, and microdermabrasion are some other options.
Skin-whitening is the process of reducing the melanin pigment in the skin to achieve a whiter complexion. The genetic buildup determines how much melanin is in a person's skin. The degree of skin damage, chemical exposure, and sun exposure all impact its production. There are different skin whitening methods, so skin whitening treatment costs vary for each.
Note: It is essential to remember that skin whitening can have undesirable side effects. Also, using certain skin-lightening agents can be harmful if they are not used appropriately or under the supervision of a medical professional. Before trying any skin whitening treatment, it is always important that one consult a dermatologist or other medical professional.
Skin whitening treatment cost
There are various options for lightening your skin. These include bleaching and laser treatments. The estimated skin whitening treatment cost in India varies based on several factors.
- The size of the target area heavily influences the procedure's cost. The cost of treatment for the face is lower than the cost of one for the arms, legs, or back. These are larger areas of the body.
- This total cost is also determined by other factors like the clinic's location, the expertise of the dermatologists and therapists, the equipment used, the treatment method chosen, and the number of sessions required.
Chemical peels cost between Rs 1,800 and Rs 5,500. Whereas skin whitening laser treatments cost between Rs 4,000 and Rs 30,000, skin lightening injections cost Rs 6,000 and Rs 40,000. Similarly, fairness creams can cost anywhere from Rs 200 to Rs 2,000, depending on the brand used.
Several professionals and dermatologists offer these procedures. However, UnCover has one of the most trusted teams. They offer skin rejuvenation treatments. These include scar reduction, micro-needling, and pigmentation removal.
Other than that, there are also several medical facials and peels available. While these pricing and plans vary and come in different options, they are reasonably priced. The cost of the pigmentation removal treatment, for instance, is as less as Rs 3000.
External procedures for skin whitening
- Laser Treatment: The professionals use a concentrated beam of light during the laser treatment. This is done to reduce the amount of melanin in the target area. The skin's immune system eventually removes the pigment's remnants. The skin appears healthier and more radiant. One's perfect skin is restored.
The laser treatment is also known as a laser peel. It helps effectively reduce issues like uneven skin tone, dark spots, sun tan, and dull skin.
- Injections: Injections that lighten the skin: Glutathione is a skin-lightening ingredient in skin-whitening injections. It reduces the production of an enzyme that raises melanin levels. The common belief is that these injections can improve skin tone, shield the skin from harmful UV rays, and cleanse the body.
It is essential to keep in mind that there is insufficient scientific evidence to demonstrate that they are safe and effective. Glutathione injections' potential side effects and long-term effects on the body are also unknown.
Note: Before attempting these treatments, it is essential to carefully weigh their potential benefits and risks and consult a trained medical professional. Additionally, getting treatment from a reputable clinic that adheres to safe and clean procedures is essential.
Permanent Skin Whitening Treatment Cost
In India, laser treatment costs between Rs 30,000 and Rs 60,000. One's kind of treatment will affect how much it costs to treat one's skin.
The method used, the individual's skin type, and lifestyle habits affect how long skin whitening treatments last. While some treatments, like chemical peels and microdermabrasion, can have short-term effects. These last for a few months or longer. Other treatments like laser therapy, can have long-lasting effects.
Side Effects Of Skin Whitening Treatments
Depending on the method used and individual factors like skin type and sensitivity, skin whitening treatments may cause side effects. Whitening treatments on the skin frequently result in the following:
- Irritation on the skin: Skin whitening treatments and products can irritate the skin. They can cause redness, itching, and burning.
- Sunlight sensitivity: Treatments for skin whitening can make the skin more vulnerable to the sun. These can lead to hyperpigmentation, skin damage, and sunburn.
- Uneven complexion: Patchy and blotchy skin can result from improper use of skin whitening products and treatments.
- Reactions to allergies: Skin whitening products may trigger an allergic reaction in some individuals. This may result in rashes, hives, and swelling.
- Harmed skin: Chemical peels and laser therapy, two types of skin-whitening procedures, can damage the skin and leave scars if not done correctly or by a trained professional.
- Effects on the whole: Systemic side effects like kidney damage, liver toxicity, and thyroid dysfunction have been linked to intravenous glutathione injections.
It is recommended that people use certain maintenance products to ensure a full recovery. They may apply petroleum jelly or aloe vera gel regularly for a cooling and calming effect. One must apply sunscreen for at least six months to avoid sunburn or skin darkening. This is because the skin becomes extremely sensitive at this stage.
People should avoid picking or touching the treated area. It may develop a layer of scabs and crusts. Swelling can be reduced with painkillers.
Several side effects can be associated with such treatments. And hence, it's important only to get such procedures done by professionals with great experience in the field. UnCover aims to minimize such side effects. It offers proper consultation. This in turn makes the experience safer.
Tips For Skin Whitening
While several procedures and treatments are available, they're not always suitable for everyone. And so, it's better to use homemade remedies and trusted techniques that do not require invasive procedures.
Some of them are listed below:
- Lemon: As a natural bleach, lemons are one of the safest ways to whiten skin. Lemons make the complexion better and lighter. They also eliminate skin breakout marks. For better results, one should drink honey-lemon water every morning.
- Papaya: Papaya is an antioxidant. So it can be used to treat skin in lotions, soaps, or facial peels. It can also be consumed regularly or applied to the skin.
- Apple: Malic acid, abundant in apples, aids in cell renewal without causing damage to any skin layers. Apple can also get rid of pimples.
- Bananas: Bananas contain a lot of potassium. So they help to keep our skin hydrated and moisturized. And thus, they make the skin look rejuvenated without any external treatment.
- Potato juice: The juice from potatoes can lighten the skin without harm. Potatoes are loaded with antioxidants. They are also high in Vitamin C. They remove dead skin cells from the skin. They also act as mild bleach.
- Rice flour & milk: People use rice flour as one of the home remedies for whitening their skin. A face pack made of rice flour leaves the skin 'glassy' looking. On the other hand, milk nourishes and calms the skin, while rice can shield the skin from sun damage and early signs of aging.
Summing it up
Light or not, every skin/body is beautiful because it's different. While several treatments are offered these days, embracing who we are and what we look like is also important. Ultimately, getting treatment or using other methods is a personal choice. This shouldn't be affected by someone else's opinion.
However, if one is looking for skin whitening treatments to help reduce scars or eliminate other issues, one can consult professionals first. UnCover is one such place that offers professional advice. And if one decides to get a treatment done, their skin whitening treatment price is reasonable.
Given that they're affordable doesn't mean there's any compromise in the treatment. Trustworthy professionals and dermatologists perform these treatments (starting at Rs 2600). So, this is the time to go on and explore today! But one shouldn't forget to keep loving oneself.