Treat those fine lines under the eyes & wrinkles for a healthy skin
Ageing is just as much a part of our lives as any other phase. Of course, wrinkles on the face or fine lines under the eyes are also part of this process. And people often feel pressured to do things to make them go, which isn’t the right way. One should only adopt preventive or cosmetic measures for their skin when caring for it.
The under-eye skin is extremely thin. As one ages, their skin loses collagen. On the other hand, this effect is especially noticeable on the delicate skin around your eyes. This is also why one notices the first signs of ageing on their face. Dark circles and puffiness are two other issues caused by the loss of elasticity in the skin around the eyes.
Our skin is also a part of our bodies and deserves to be taken care of. So, treating wrinkles or the lines under the eyes should be a personal choice.
And there are several ways to do that!
Home remedies to treat wrinkles & fine lines under eyes
1. Milk: Wrinkles around the eyes can be reduced by applying milk. It contains glycolic acid, which promotes the skin's collagen production and aids in the exfoliation of dead skin cells.
2. Turmeric: Its mask is one of the best natural ways to get rid of wrinkles under the eyes because of its brightening properties. There are numerous advantages that it offers, as well as deals with pigmentation and anti-ageing issues.
3. Yogurt, Lemon & Honey Face Mask: The benefits of using this face mask are staggering. Lactic acid, which dissolves dead skin and brightens the complexion, is found in yoghurt. Honey hydrates the face, whereas lime is an antioxidant to tighten the skin. And vitamin E speeds up skin repair and gets rid of acne.
4. Essential Oils: As long as they are diluted with a carrier oil (like almond oil), essential oils can be frequently applied in particular combinations to heal the skin without irritating it. They help get rid of lines under eyes and also brighten the skin.
Note: If allergic to any ingredients used in home remedies, it’s best not to use them. Additionally, some home remedies can have potential side effects, which should be treated immediately.
Treating the under eye lines & face wrinkles
Many products and treatments can help get rid of wrinkles. They also lead to a healthy looking skin – some of them are listed below:
1. Retinol: One of the most widely used anti-ageing ingredients is retinol, a vitamin A derivative. It works to reduce fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen production. Although these are all terms used in medicine, a suitable retinol cream can be easily purchased at a cosmetics or pharmacy.
2. Microneedling: The skin is rejuvenated, and collagen production is sparked by micro-needling. This is considered one of the best treatments for under-eye wrinkles. That is if one is thinking about treating them with a procedure. Under-eye wrinkles and dark circles can be reduced using micro-needling to tighten, plump, and retexturize the skin.
3. Chemical Peels: Chemical peels remove the top layer of the skin, which helps get rid of lines and wrinkles and refreshes the skin cells. Although it won't eliminate wrinkles, it will have an impact.
4. Fillers: Fillers may be referred to as dermal fillers or soft tissue fillers by doctors. They are used to fill in hollow areas, like under the eyes. A skilled medical professional will inject collagen or hyaluronic acid into the skin beneath the eye during the procedure. Usually, the results come right away.
5. Eye Creams: There’s no such thing as the best eye cream for fine lines. But, one should always use a trusted product and brand because the skin on the face is sensitive. Eye creams can treat common skin problems while tightening and hydrating the skin, depending on the formula.
6. Photofacial: Photofacials are treatments for the skin that are done with various devices that use light. Numerous skin issues, including freckles, hyperpigmentation, acne, wrinkles, and blemishes, can benefit from this treatment.
Note: Fillers and injectables can also cause side effects such as infection, bruising, bleeding, and the possibility of an allergic reaction to the filler in some individuals. So, one must consult a dermatologist or professional before such procedures.
What Is Photofacial?
A photofacial is a non-invasive procedure for improving the appearance of sun-damaged skin, brown spots, age spots, and facial redness caused by broken capillaries. It uses intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy.
A handheld device emits light pulses onto the skin during the treatment. These pulses penetrate the skin's deeper layers without damaging the surface. The light helps to break down the skin's pigments, such as melanin and haemoglobin. This results in a more uniform skin tone and texture.
In India, a photofacial session costs between Rs. 2,000 and Rs. 7,000, depending on several factors. UnCover has options between single and multiple sessions, starting at Rs. 5000. But that’s not the only reason to choose them. They also have in-house consultation and flexible packages, which simplify the entire process.
Why Is Photofacial A Preferred Method?
There are many reasons why people prefer photofacial over other procedures for fine lines under the eyes. Some of them are listed below:
- Non-invasive: Photofacial is a non-invasive procedure that does not require incisions, anaesthesia, or downtime, unlike other cosmetic treatments. It is a safe and convenient choice.
- Quick and simple: Photofacial is quick and simple, and takes less than an hour to complete. After receiving treatment, patients can immediately resume their regular activities.
Pre-Care Tips For Photofacial
- Consume no alcohol or caffeine for three days before the treatment.
- One must not use any products that contain Retin-A or Retinol, three to seven days before the treatment.
Post-Care Tips For Photofacial
- Ice for approximately 30 minutes immediately following the treatment.
- One must put on makeup only after all the redness from the treatment is gone.
Taking care of or treating the skin well is just as important as other body parts. While ageing is an inevitable process, there’s a reason why one notices more wrinkles or lines under the eyes.
And there are many ways to prevent, delay and treat these fine lines under the eyes. The above-listed methods can also help in treating wrinkles on the face. Many people also choose to get medical procedures, and it’s best to choose skilled professionals.
UnCover offers many procedures that are reasonably priced. They also have a team of skilled dermatologists who make the entire process much easier. They offer anti-ageing peels and photofacial, which treat wrinkles or other signs of ageing. The treatment starts from Rs. 5000. So make the right choice for your skin right away!