Say bye to unwanted hair and stop its growth permanently.
The growth of chin hair is one of the most common problems among teenage girls and women. We live in an era where every woman glorifies the beauty of the face. Unwanted or overgrown hair on the chin/face is called hirsutism.
So, how do you tackle increased chin hair growth? There is no way to completely remove unwanted hair permanently. One of the safest and best ways to remove chin hair is by laser. The treatment aims to reduce the growth. It also aims to make it less visible.
Common causes for chin hair growth
- Genetics or hereditary. Family history of unwanted hair growth on the chin
- Hormonal imbalance. Increased levels of hormones such as free testosterone, androgen, and cortisol lead to male-pattern hair growth in females.
- Drug-induced. Medications such as antiepileptics, steroids, and ovulation induction agents, taken for a long duration, can induce male hormones, causing chin hair growth.
- A sudden increase in the growth of the hair may be due to the application of steroid creams like hydroquinone on the chin area for acne, fairness, etc.
- Menopausal or premenopausal age.
Chin hair growth and its symptoms
- Thinning of scalp hair. When the levels of testosterone increase in the body, along with increased chin hair, you will also notice that you are shedding your scalp hair.
- Irregular periods.
- increased weight gain.
- Skin growth.
- Coarse hair on the face, chest, and back is arranged in a male-like pattern.
Common treatments for chin hair growth
- Threading/waxing. Threading and waxing need to be repeated once a month. After threading, there is an open pore. Red spots may appear immediately after waxing because of the trauma.
- Shaving or trimming of the chin hair.
- Bleaching, to change the color of the hair and make it less noticeable.
- Hair removal creams.
- Electrolysis. In this procedure, a device is used to target and kill hair follicles. It is an outdated technology.
- Various household ingredients, including dairy products, fruits, and vegetables, are used to eliminate unwanted hair from the chin. There is no medical study to support its efficacy, and its application is restricted.
- Laser hair removal-facial is a very popular method today for chin or under-chin hair removal. About 80 percent to 90 percent of the hair can be removed. The hair that grows back will be very thin and fine and will not be visible.
Consult a qualified dermatologist to determine the best treatment option for your skin type.
What is a laser hair removal facial?
LASER stands for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation." Laser hair removal chin/facial is a non-invasive medical procedure. In this process, a highly focused and concentrated beam of light is used to destroy the hair follicles.
Hair follicles contain a pigment that absorbs focused light and gets heated up. This heat will eventually destroy the entire follicle. It is always permanent hair reduction, not permanent hair removal.
Why multiple sessions and not only one session?
Hair roots are sensitive to laser lights only in the anagen, or active growth phase. At a given point, not all hair roots are in the anagen phase. So, to target all the hair roots, we need multiple sessions.
Usually, 6–10 sessions are required. You will notice a reduction in hair growth after 3–4 sessions. Initially, the interval between two sessions is 2–4 weeks. As the treatment progresses, the interval gradually increases to 3 to 6 months.
Things to remember before or when getting a laser hair removal facial
- When there is a hormonal imbalance, you may not respond to treatment at all. The laser treatment can begin after the correction of hormonal levels or concurrently with the hair removal sessions.
- Use sun protection cream two to three weeks before the session. This will prevent burns on your skin during the procedure and also reduce the chances of pigmentation after the laser session.
- Avoid waxing or plucking 4–6 weeks before the session.
- Avoid bleaching your hair. This will destroy the pigment present in your hair strand, which is the main target of laser light.
- The doctor may prescribe you a hair reduction cream that needs to be applied before starting the session and you may have to continue to do so in between your hair removal sessions.
After the laser hair removal facial session
- Slight redness may last for 1 to 2 days. An anti-inflammatory cream prescribed by your doctor needs to be applied for 2–3 days.
- A slight roughness or dryness of the face can be expected. A good moisturizer has to be applied frequently.
- After the session, it is very important to apply sunscreen cream to protect yourself from the sun.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, hair removal creams, and plucking.
Laser treatment for chin hair is effective in reducing the growth of hair, thus making it less visible.
What is the process by which a laser hair removal facial is conducted?
Following are the steps taken during a laser hair removal facial session.
- Before starting the session, the skin is prepared by shaving or trimming.
- A numbing cream is applied for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Protective eyewear is provided to cover your eyes.
- Laser light is used to treat your chin area. During the session, you may feel a slight stinging sensation.
- After the session, an ice pack application is given to the skin.
- The skin is cleansed, and an anti-inflammatory cream is applied.
- Sunscreen is applied at the end of the session to protect your skin from sun exposure.
What can I expect following the laser hair removal face session?
- Slight redness may last for 1 to 2 days. An anti-inflammatory cream will be prescribed by your doctor. This needs to be applied for 2–3 days.
- Roughness or dryness of the chin can be expected. A good moisturizer has to be applied frequently.
- After the session, it is critical to apply sunscreen cream to protect yourself from the sun.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, hair removal creams, and plucking.
Who is eligible for a laser hair removal facial?
Earlier, the best candidate for laser hair reduction was an individual with dark hair and a light complexion. With advancements in laser technology, the treatment has improved to the point where anyone with unwanted hair on the chin can now undergo the procedure.
Benefits of laser hair removal for facial treatments
- The hair follicles won't regrow once they've been destroyed. This gives you long-lasting results. You can finally say goodbye to unwanted hair.
- If you are looking for a permanent hair removal method for your chin, you should think about laser hair removal for your chin.
- The procedure is simple, less painful, and more effective.
- The sessions are not time-consuming.
- Reduces the risk of inflammation, pimples, and itching by removing ingrown hair.
- It is ideal for getting rid of under-chin hair and chin hair because of its accuracy.
- Does not leave any scars.
- Decreases the frequency and severity of acne breakouts.
- Enhances skin tone and texture. Also prevents skin irritation.
- Laser hair removal helps you save a tonne of time that would otherwise be used for grooming.
Cost of laser for chin hair removal-facial treatment
The cost will vary depending on your region, clinic reputation, hair growth causes, skin type, type of machine and technology used, laser used, hair density and texture, and location of the clinic. Always consult your doctor before starting the treatment.
Laser hair removal facials at UnCover start at Rs. 1,800 per session. The unlimited sessions for one year cost around Rs. 12,800. Book an appointment for consultation and treatment. Our doctors, in addition to being skilled and knowledgeable, are wonderful humans. They’ll all put you at ease, whether you’re nervous about meeting us for the first time or just have a lot of questions.
What should I expect at the end of the treatment?
- Laser hair removal is, by far, a very safe process.
- There may be a slight stinging or burning sensation on your chin during the procedure.
- After the session, slight redness may persist for 1–2 days.
- In the end, you may see very fine and light hair, which is barely visible in the treated area.
To sum it up, one of the main reasons for body shame in women is the presence of unwanted hair on the chin. Hair growth on the face is very uncomfortable for women. It may also lead to less competitiveness, depression, and sometimes even self-hatred. Laser chin hair removal is a popular and safe procedure. After just a few sessions, say welcome to a hair-free chin.
UnCover is the market leader in aesthetic and cosmetic procedures. It provides expert care for your skin and hair with tailored treatment plans. UnCover should be the best choice for chin hair removal since they provide laser hair removal for the chin by experienced, skilled, and professional staff. The treatment offered is reasonably priced and uses cutting-edge, sophisticated technology.