Get rid of the unwanted fuzz
Unwanted hair on the back can be a source of discomfort and self-consciousness for many individuals. While there are a variety of methods for removing back hair, finding the best approach for your needs can be a daunting task. Permanent back hair removal, in particular, is a popular way for those looking for a long-term solution.
One effective method for removing back hair is laser hair reduction. It is a safe and effective method for removing unwanted hair from the back. With advanced laser technology, individuals can achieve long-lasting results with minimal discomfort and downtime. While the process may require several sessions, the results are well worth the investment, providing individuals with a smooth and hairless back.
Causes of hair growth on the back
Both men and women can suffer from a hairy back. This can be because of the following reasons:
- Hormonal imbalances: Fluctuations in hormone levels, such as an increase in androgens, can stimulate hair growth on the back. Androgens are responsible for promoting the growth of body hair, and an imbalance can lead to excess hair growth.
- Cushing's syndrome: This rare disorder is caused by the overproduction of the hormone cortisol, which can cause a variety of symptoms, including hair growth on the back. This is because cortisol can increase androgen levels, leading to excess hair growth.
- Adrenal gland disorders: The adrenal glands produce a variety of hormones, including androgens. Disorders that affect these glands, such as congenital adrenal hyperplasia, can lead to an overproduction of androgens and result in hair growth on the back.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: This hormonal disorder affects women and can cause a range of symptoms, including irregular periods, acne, and excess hair growth. PCOS is caused by an overproduction of androgens, which can lead to hair growth on the back.
- Medications: Some medications, such as steroids, can cause hair growth on the back as a side effect. This is because steroids can increase androgen levels in the body.
- Hypertrichosis: This rare condition is characterized by excessive hair growth all over the body, including the back. It can be caused by genetic factors or by the use of certain medications.
How to get rid of hair from the back?
There are methods available to temporarily remove body hair. Nevertheless, temporary hair removal is a regular maintenance procedure. Here are a few choices:
- Hair Removal Creams: This painless procedure involves applying creams or lotions to the skin, letting them sit for five minutes, and then wiping them off to reveal hair-free skin. Due to the harsh chemicals they contain, hair removal creams have been known to induce itching and skin discoloration.
- Waxing: Waxing is a painful way to get rid of body hair, but it will give you smoother skin for a few weeks and gradually slow down how quickly and thickly your hair grows. Unfortunately, waxing is painful and time-consuming.
- Sugaring: In sugaring, no hot wax or strips are used. Your skin is covered in a thick layer of sugar paste, which is then gently rolled in the direction of hair development. Sugaring is extremely painful, expensive, and requires professional assistance.
- Shaving: It is among the cheapest methods for getting rid of back hair.
Keep in mind that regular shaving is required for the finest results. Moreover, new hair growth after shaving may appear to be getting darker and coarser with each pass.
Permanent hair reduction:
This is frequently sought after because it has so many advantages. Nobody wants to continuously spend valuable time and money on something that can be done away with.
- Laser hair reduction: One of the most common and successful cosmetic procedures is laser hair removal, which is used for permanent back hair removal. Any area of the body can be treated with laser hair removal. However, it is important to note that there may be a few side effects from the surgery, such as swelling, redness, and irritation.
Why go for Laser Hair Removal for your back?
Unwanted hair removal with laser technology is effective, quick, and offers a durable solution. Any area of the body with undesirable hair can undergo laser hair removal. Some of the reasons to opt for laser hair removal are:
- Treatments do not take very long: Laser hair reduction techniques go considerably faster than you may think. You won't need to spend all day at the clinic for laser hair reduction.
- Save money: By using laser hair reduction treatments, you'll ultimately save money because you won't need as many razors, shaving creams, or waxing sessions to maintain a hair-free back.
- Remove ingrown hairs: Ingrown hairs can be avoided and eliminated with laser hair reduction. Using this technique will help you prevent acquiring ingrown hairs that require removal.
- It saves time: Laser hair reduction saves time spent in shaving or scheduling appointments for waxing. You can experience a long-lasting clean-shaven back with laser hair removal.
Cost of laser hair reduction
Your skin type, hair thickness, skin colour, the type of laser technology used, your skin's underlying health condition, and the dermatologist's experience all affect how much your treatment will ultimately cost.
Laser Hair removal from the back at UnCover starts at Rs. 5,000
- 1 session at Rs. 5000
- 3 sessions at Rs. 12,000 (Rs. 4000/session)
- 6 sessions at Rs. 21,000 (Rs. 3500/session)
- Unlimited Sessions 1 yr at Rs. 28,000
What is the process of Laser hair reduction at UnCover?
Upon initial assessment of your skin and hair type, our experienced therapists will create a customized plan for you.
The area to be treated will be cleaned and shaved before the application of a cooling gel. Next, the laser device will be placed against the treatment area and a concentrated laser pulse will be passed. This pulse produces heat and damages the hair follicles, which prevents or delays new hair growth.
Hair growth is gradually reduced with each session. Repeated sessions of this treatment lead to a significant reduction of hair.
We usually recommend 8-12 treatments initially, spaced 4 weeks apart. However, note that every individual is different and the time of treatment may vary.
Pre and post-care tips for laser hair removal
- Avoid waxing or laser hair removal in the area to be treated for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- It is best to avoid exposure to the sun two weeks prior to treatment.
- To reduce the risk of irritation, avoid using retinol or acids prior to your session.
- Discuss the medications you take regularly with the doctor and avoid taking them before your session if asked.
- Post-treatment, use gentle cleansers, and do not rub your skin.
- Redness, bruising, crusting, swelling, or blisters may occur post-treatment and last for up to 10 days. You may also experience a mild sunburn, which should resolve in a few hours.
- You may use ice packs or cold compresses to reduce swelling and discomfort or take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication as prescribed by the doctor.
Why choose UnCover for back hair removal?
UnCover offers a range of unique solutions for back hair removal, including laser hair reduction. At UnCover, we understand that every individual has a unique skin and hair type, which is why we offer customized treatment plans to ensure that each client receives the best possible results.
We, at UnCover, have an experienced, certified, and knowledgeable team of professionals, who are dedicated to providing safe, effective, and comfortable treatments that work for you.
We lead in aesthetic treatments and provide cost-effective solutions to a variety of skin and hair problems. Our team of doctors will assess your condition and provide you with the best treatment plan suited for your beauty goals.
Share on Pinterest
Although having body hair is not life-threatening, it might make you feel less confident. Don't let your body hair prevent you from showing off your flawless physique. For those who wish to remove hair growth on their back, laser hair reduction is an excellent option. While not entirely permanent, this treatment can significantly reduce the amount of hair on your back.
It's important to note that laser hair removal is a gradual process and it typically requires several sessions to achieve the desired results. Additionally, the effectiveness of the treatment may vary depending on an individual's hair colour, skin tone and other factors.
So, if you're tired of dealing with unwanted hair on your back and want a safe, effective, and long-term solution, try UnCover today!
Learn what you can do to have perfect, hairless, and smooth skin. Contact us to schedule a consultation with one of our qualified dermatologists and find out which hair removal option is best for you.