Overexposure to the sun can harm your skin, making it darker than usual. If left untreated, it can result in severe sunburn. The face, neck, arms, and other areas that are not covered by clothing tend to be the most commonly affected. Without proper protection, you could tan quickly, with the condition worsening over time.
The natural response of your skin to sun exposure is tanning. Increased melanocytes in the skin act as a protective mechanism to shield the skin from the sun's damaging rays. Tanning is caused by the ultraviolet (UV) rays A and B. Darker skin color, an uneven skin tone, black patches, and general dullness are all effects of tanning. Natural skin tan removal takes anywhere between four to six weeks. It could also take a few months if the tan is severe.
Types of tan
Tans are of two types:
- Immediate tanning: occurs usually between two hours and 24 hours after sun exposure.
- Delayed tanning: darkening starts after two to three days of prolonged sun exposure.
Treatment for tan removal
Removing tan at home:
- A de-tan face wash can help remove tan from the face and neck.
- Bleaching temporarily masks the tanned areas but may not be good for the skin in the long run.
- Skin-lightening creams containing vitamin C, vitamin E, and retinol can be used to treat immediate tanning.
- Peeling solutions like glycolic acid, lactic acid, hydroquinone, and salicylic acid used under medical supervision helps in tan removal.
- Natural remedies for tanned skin include besan, lemon, and yoghurt which can be applied to the body. Yoghurt contains lactic acid, which helps remove tanned skin. Aloe vera gel can be used for its healing properties for the skin.
The most effective procedures for completely removing tan from the face and body are:
- Laser toning:
Laser treatments are available for both men and women, and there is no downtime required. It effectively removes tanning from the skin's surface. If you want a quick solution to your tanned skin and are looking to make your skin lighter, you can undergo laser toning sessions to remove tan from face and body.
This is a simple procedure to remove your body's tan and dead skin cells.
- Chemical peels:
Chemical peels help in the exfoliation of the overlying skin to get rid of the tan on the body. Chemical peels also help remove tan from neck and face.
UnCover uses skin whitening treatments, party peels, and glow peel procedures to remove tan from the face and body. Protecting your skin is essential, so give UnCover a call to schedule an appointment for skin whitening treatments and get ready for radiant skin!
How do skin whitening treatments work?
Skin whitening treatments are designed to exfoliate the skin very superficially to remove tan from the face and body. This leaves skin hydrated, supple, and free of any built-up dead skin cells and visible tanning layers. It gives off a fresher, younger image. Party peels are distinct from other chemical peels in that they require little to no downtime and cause little to no redness following the peel. They are usually meant to remove tan from the neck and face
Procedure for party peel or glow peel treatment
The procedure for glow peel treatment is as follows:
- The skin is cleansed to remove makeup or any impurities.
- A chemical peel solution is evenly applied for a specific time over the affected area.
- The solution is removed. To protect the freshly exfoliated skin, sunscreen and moisturizer are applied.
How to prevent excessive melanin accumulation and tanning?
- Good food is essential because it works like an internal antioxidant. A lot of green leafy vegetables and carrots help you protect your skin from the damaging effect of UV rays.
- Applying sunscreen is very important. It comes in various forms, like creams, gels, lotions, and sprays.
- Sunscreen with a broad-spectrum SPF of 30 to 50 helps protect you from harmful rays. Use enough water-resistant sunscreen 20 minutes before you enter the water, whether in a pool or at the beach. Reapply after coming out of the water and every two hours when out in the sun.
- Apply sunscreen even when you are indoors. You can apply it on top of your moisturizer.
- When the sun is at its peak, you can protect yourself by using protective clothing. Use physical barriers like a hat, cap, or sunglasses.
- Wear light-coloured clothes that reflect most of the sunlight.
- Carry an umbrella if possible. Wear your scarf when you go out in the sun.
- A regular skincare regimen that includes cleansing, toning, and moisturizing, acts as a natural skin tan removal method.
The price of a tan removal treatment in India
- Suntan removal treatments range from Rs 2,500 to Rs 10,000. The cost varies according to the size of the area to be treated, the degree of the sunburn, and the location of the clinic. It also depends on the doctor's experience, the chosen treatment method, and the technology employed.
- At UnCover, the cost of a de-tan treatment starts at a very reasonable price and ranges from Rs 2500 for a single sitting, Rs 2100 per session for 3 sittings, and Rs 1,900 per session for six sittings.
At UnCover, you can book an appointment with our experts to learn about tan removal treatments for the face and body. Furthermore, there are affordable treatment plans to choose from based on your specific needs. Book a trial at UnCover now at your nearest clinic location.
To sum up
Skin tanning is often mistaken for a reversible condition. Removing tan from the face and body is a matter of time and patience. Once you get tanned, it takes about four to six weeks for the tan to come off completely. Deeply tanned skin may take between three and six months to be treated and get restored. Thus one should take precautions to avoid skin tanning, such as eating lots of green leafy vegetables, applying sunscreen whether indoors or outdoors, reapplying sunscreen every two hours when out in the sun, wearing protective clothing, and using an umbrella when out in the sun. If severe sunburn occurs it is highly advisable to see a dermatologist before the condition worsens.
CTA: UnCover is a leading brand in providing all kinds of aesthetic services related to skin and hair. At UnCover, we have an experienced and knowledgeable team dedicated to providing one of the most cost-effective and personalized treatment plans for your beauty goals. So if you want to go for a tan removal treatment for the face and body, book an appointment with us today!