Now you can prevent hair growth on your legs permanently!
Yes. You read it right. It is normal for women and men to have hair on their legs. The cosmetic concerns of excessive hair growth can be rapidly eliminated using hair removal techniques. Men desire permanent leg hair removal options just as much as women do.
For girls and women, having hair on their legs is embarrassing. Short-term hair removal only works for a week. For permanent hair reduction, the answer is advanced laser hair removal. It is the most cutting-edge method that both men and women accept.
Common causes of excessive female leg hair
The excessive hair growth on the legs may be because of hormonal changes that are happening in your body. You may be having a hormonal change because of:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Long-term use of testosterone tablets,
- Obesity-induced hair growth
- Use of long-term steroids
- Hormonal imbalance: increased testosterone, high androgen levels, and high levels of cortisol.
Common treatments for hair growth on legs
Temporary methods to get rid of unwanted hair are:
- Shaving: The leg hair grows back more quickly after shaving. This is because shaving only removes the hair's head, leaving the hair root intact. The hair that grows also seems thicker and darker.
- Waxing: One disadvantage of waxing is that you must wait till the hair has grown a certain length before waxing it off again. As a result, you can't show off your legs on certain days since they aren't entirely hair-free.
- Epilating: Epilators are used to remove leg hair. This can hurt a bit as they pull out the hair from the root.
- Hair removal creams: Before using any hair removal cream, you should perform a patch test to make sure your skin is not allergic to it.
Leg hair permanent removal methods:
- Electrolysis: Electrolysis is a method that aims to remove leg hair permanently. However, the results vary and may not always be long-lasting. During this procedure, the hair follicle is punctured with a very fine needle, and an electrical current is passed to kill the hair root. This significantly reduces hair growth.
- Laser hair reduction (LHR): The best solution to permanent leg hair removal is LHR. The common question that arises is: does laser hair removal hurt? Well, the good news is that it is a painless, safe, and effective procedure.
What is laser hair reduction? Is it a permanent procedure?
Laser hair reduction is almost close to permanent hair removal. It mostly results in a 70 to 80% reduction in hair growth. The laser hair reduction method targets your hair follicles, where the passage of a high-heat laser beam creates permeable damage to the hair follicles that reduces their growth significantly.
What is the process by which laser hair reduction is conducted?
- The legs and feet are cleaned and shaven.
- A cooling gel is applied to manage discomfort.
- The laser device is placed against the treatment area and the beam of the laser is passed onto the target area to destroy the hair follicles and prevent the growth of new hair.
- During the session, you may feel a slight stinging sensation.
- After the procedure, the extra cooling gel is removed.
- The same technique is performed on the back of the legs.
- An ice roller helps to ease the redness post-procedure.
- The skin is cleansed, and an anti-inflammatory cream is applied.
- Sunscreen is applied at the end of the session to protect your skin from sun exposure.
- No downtime and discomfort are associated with the procedure.
Who is eligible for laser hair reduction?
- Laser hair reduction is a very popular treatment. Everyone over the age of 18 who wants to get rid of unsightly leg hair is a good candidate for laser treatment.
- It is recommended for both men and women.
- It is not recommended for pregnant or nursing mothers.
- The darker and thicker the hair and the lighter the skin, the better the laser hair reduction will be for you.
Things to keep in mind when getting laser hair removal treatment
Before the laser hair reduction session:
- When there is a hormonal imbalance, laser hair reduction can begin after the correction of hormonal levels or concurrently with the hair removal sessions.
- Start using sun protection cream two to three weeks before the session. This will prevent burns and also reduce the chances of pigmentation.
- Avoid waxing 4–6 weeks before the session.
After the laser hair removal session:
- Slight redness may last for 1 to 2 days. An anti-inflammatory cream prescribed by your doctor needs to be applied for 2–3 days.
- A slight roughness or dryness of the legs can be expected. A good moisturiser has to be applied frequently.
- After the session, it is very important to apply sunscreen cream to protect yourself from the sun.
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, hair removal creams, and plucking.
- Shaving can be done in between sessions if required.
Advantages of Laser Hair Removal for legs
- Laser hair removal is a long-lasting solution to removing unwanted hair from the legs.
- It helps avoid frequent shaving or waxing.
- In the long run, laser hair removal is the only effective and safe solution to prevent hair growth.
- Ingrown hair on the legs can be treated with lasers. The method eliminates any possibility of ingrown hair growth since the laser beam kills the hair follicles from the root and prevents them from creating new hair.
- It helps to get rid of strawberry legs.
- Laser treatment does not cause skin irritation.
- Laser hair reduction is a quick, painless treatment procedure.
How does laser help get rid of strawberry legs?
Tiny, black spots that resemble strawberry seeds but are open pores appear after a person shaves their leg. This is commonly referred to as strawberry legs. This issue can be addressed by laser hair removal, which minimises the look of strawberry legs by shrinking the pores and removing the hair follicles.
what is the cost of laser hair reduction treatment
The cost of laser hair removal for legs depends on your area of treatment, clinic reputation, hair growth causes, skin type, type of machine and technology used, laser used, hair density and texture, and location of the clinic.
- 1 session @ Rs. 8500
- 3 sessions @ Rs. 19,500 (Rs. 6500/session)
- 6 sessions @ Rs.33,000 (Rs. 5500/session)
- Unlimited Sessions for 1 yr @ Rs. 44,000
Why choose UnCover?
UnCover is a leading brand in providing all kinds of aesthetic services related to skin and hair. At UnCover, we have an experienced and knowledgeable team dedicated to providing one of the best cost-effective and personalized treatment plans for your beauty goals. Our team of qualified and specialized doctors will provide expert opinions concerning laser hair removal for legs after an initial assessment of your hair and skin type.
Depending upon the skin tone, the area to be treated and the rate of hair regrowth, our experts may recommend eight to twelve sessions spaced four to eight weeks apart to obtain long-lasting benefits of the treatment. One must remember that everyone is different, so results may vary.
To wrap up
Hair on the legs is a concern for men as much as it is for girls and women. The decision to remove leg hair is a personal choice
Currently, there are no methods for 100% leg hair removal. Most temporary methods remove hair for a certain period. More long-term methods such as laser hair reduction provide long-lasting results with a significant reduction of up to 80% in overall hair growth. However, multiple sessions are required to achieve the desired results.
One can find the best solution to their hair growth woes by discussing them with their physician or dermatologist. It is important to note that Individuals must consult their doctor if, despite trying several hair removal methods, hair continues to grow back quickly. This might be a sign of an underlying disease like hyperthyroidism or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) that needs medical assistance for resolution.
Although lasers may appear a bit pricy, they are cost-effective when compared to the cost of constantly using hair removal creams or going for professional waxing sessions. Laser hair reduction is a safe, painless, and effective way to having smooth legs and glossy skin.
CTA: At UnCover, you can book a free appointment with our experts to know about laser hair removal for legs. Furthermore, there are affordable treatment plans to choose from based on your specific needs. We urge you to book a trial at UnCover now at your nearest clinic location.