Laser hair removal (LHR) treatment is gaining popularity to remove unwanted hair. But its effectiveness depends on the hair colour of the person.
Before getting a partial or full body laser hair treatment a person must know which hair colours can be treated with LHR. This article covers all the necessary details about LHR and what hair colour can be treated with this process.
What is laser hair removal?
Before a person plans to get a partial or full body laser hair removal treatment, it is crucial to know the basics of the treatment.
Laser hair removal is a widely used semi-permanent hair removal treatment. Unwanted body hair is eliminated using a concentrated light beam (laser).
The concentrated light beam is absorbed by the melanin in the hair which gets converted to heat energy. The heat energy then destroys the hair follicles to eliminate unwanted hair in the region and delay further growth.
The process is comparatively less painful and effective than traditional hair removal methods like waxing, shaving, tweezing, and more.
The detailed process of LHR
Mentioned below is the step-by-step process of how a partial or a full body laser hair removal treatment takes place:
- An anaesthetic is given to the person around 20-30 minutes before the start of the treatment. The anaesthetic helps the person to feel comfortable throughout the session and avoid pain. This step is crucial, especially when dealing with sensitive areas like underarms or bikini lines.
- Direct visual contact with the laser can be harmful. Therefore, eye protection is given before beginning the laser process.
- The skin and hair types are carefully studied and the laser settings are tweaked accordingly. Thickness, location, and skin colour are a few deciding factors.
- Some advanced clinics like UnCover apply a cold gel in the treatment area to eliminate inflammation and protect the outer skin. Applying gel can take a little time, especially for a full body laser hair removal.
- The laser beam is then carefully used to eliminate the hair follicles. The person might experience a slight warm pinpricking sensation. After the first session, this discomfort usually decreases.
- It can take an hour or more for full body laser hair removal.
- On completion, an ice pack or anti-inflammatory cream is applied to ease discomfort.
Benefits of LHR
- Conducted by experts: Unlike waxing and shaving, LHR must be done in a sterile clinic by professional dermatologists. This ensures that the hair and skin are handled by an expert.
- Pain-free: Traditional methods of hair removal like waxing or tweezing are painful and messy. LHR is comparatively less painful, organized, and clean. As mentioned above, one might feel a tiny pinching sensation but it is nothing compared to the pain of peeling during waxing. Adding to that there is no danger of getting razor burns or cuts.
- Versatile: LHR can be used to remove unwanted hair from legs, armpits, upper lip, chin and bikini line. Plus, whole body laser hair removal can also be done.
- Long-term solution: Unlike waxing, shaving, and trimming, LHR offers a long-term solution to get rid of unwanted body hair. Here the laser not only destroys existing hair but also delays the growth of new hair in the region.
Which body hair colour can be treated by partial or full body laser hair removal?
Before going for a partial or full body laser hair removal session, one must know that LHR works for brunette or darker hair.
This is because the light from the laser is attracted to the pigment present in darker hair.
The light will not be absorbed in the case of hair with no pigment like light blonde, light red, and white. Hence, the heat will not reach the follicles to destroy them.
However recent advancement in technology allows partial or full body laser hair removal for people with blonde hair. But it might take more time to produce effective results.
LHR at UnCover
UnCover has the best technology with the best dermatologists to provide safe and ideal results. The clinic provides all the necessary safety equipment like goggles, cooling gel, and more to ensure a safe treatment.
The team of expert dermatologists carefully study skin and hair types to build a personalized treatment plan for each individual. Here the best tools like alexandrite and diode technologies are used to cater to the needs of various skin types.
LHR rates at UnCover do not burn a hole in the pocket. The cost for one session for the face starts at Rs. 1,800. Underarms at Rs. 3,500 per session and legs cost Rs. 8,500 per session. However, these rates differ according to skin and hair type.
To sum up
Getting a partial or full body laser hair removal treatment is much better than going for traditional hair removal methods like shaving, waxing, and trimming.
LHR provides long-term results and is comparatively safer. It is possible to eliminate lighter shades of hair with the right technology but it will take longer than usual.
Visit UnCover to enjoy the best technology for LHR with highly qualified dermatologists to deliver excellent results.