Is there an option to regain my ‘crowning glory’?
Yes, of course! There are several latest medical/surgical treatments for hair regrowth today. While there are places like the Middle east where baldness is considered a sign of affluence, baldness is something that generally bothers most people, especially those who are suffering from excessive hair loss.
Hair loss is an issue that affects millions of people around the world, not just men, but also women and many are looking for the best hair regrowth treatment option to help them out.
When it comes to hair regrowth treatments, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. In this article, we discuss the various hair regrowth treatments available and the pros and cons of each one. Before delving into those, let us look at the causes of hair loss.
Causes of hair loss
The causes of hair loss can be diverse. It includes hereditary factors; environmental factors, such as pollution; and psychological factors, such as stress, pregnancy, old age, etc.
Baldness may develop in the following manner - thinning hair on the crown, thinning hair on the sides of the head, or a gradual loss of hair on the front, back, and crown of the head. This is typical of male pattern baldness. Hair loss occurs in a pattern in other cases of baldness as well. Women can also suffer from baldness.
But there is no need to worry! The best hair growth treatments for women and men are here for you!
Hair regrowth treatments
Hair regrowth treatments offer an array of options for those who want to improve the appearance and health of their hair. There are several treatment options available in Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM). In India, Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) come under CAM. AYUSH has several good solutions for hair loss and hair regrowth. These medical systems have both topical and oral treatment options.
Some of the best treatments for hair growth include:
- Topical medications,
- Oral medications, and
- Laser therapy.
- Hair transplant
- Topical medications, such as minoxidil, are applied directly to the scalp and are designed to boost hair growth by increasing blood flow and nourishing the scalp.
- Oral medications, such as finasteride, are taken in pill form and can also help increase hair growth by blocking the production of hormones that cause hair loss.
- Lastly, laser therapy, such as low-level laser therapy, is a non-invasive procedure that is designed to stimulate hair follicles and promote hair growth. Although each option has its advantages and disadvantages, they can be used in combination to achieve the best possible results. All three options of hair regrowth treatments provide an effective way to improve the health and appearance of your hair.
- Hair transplants are another option, which involves the surgical removal of hair follicles from one area of the scalp and their implantation into balding areas.
Topical medications are effective in slowing and reversing hair loss, but they may cause scalp irritation and take several months to show results.
Laser therapies, on the other hand, are non-invasive and require no topical application, but their results may not last as long as other treatments.
While hair transplants produce natural-looking results, the procedure is expensive and complex, requiring multiple sessions and a long recovery period.
Ultimately, the choice of treatment should be based on the individual's specific needs and budget.
Best Hair Regrowth Treatment
A revolutionary treatment available currently is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy. PRP therapy is one of the best remedies for hair growth that has gained prominence in recent years. It is a unique form of treatment that uses the patient's blood to stimulate hair growth. It is a natural, non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment procedure that can help increase the strength of existing hair.
PRP works by injecting platelets containing growth factors into the scalp. This causes the scalp to produce more collagen, resulting in healthier and more active hair follicles. Thus, it is currently the best scalp treatment for hair growth. Understanding how PRP works and how it can be used to promote hair growth will help you make an informed decision about your treatment options.
During the procedure, a small sample of blood is taken from the patient and then placed in a centrifuge to separate the platelets from the other blood components. The platelet-rich mixture is then injected into the scalp, where it stimulates the production of new hair follicles. This treatment can help improve the thickness and length of the hair, resulting in thicker and longer locks.
The cost of PRP treatment for hair loss in India can be around INR 5,000 to INR 50,000. There are several factors to be taken into account here – location, practitioner’s experience, number of sessions required, etc.
If you have zeroed in upon PRP treatment for your hair loss and hair regrowth options, look no further than us. At UnCover, we provide expert care for your skin and hair and we are backed by some of the top and trusted dermatologists.
Regrow your hair naturally
At UnCover, a PRP session starts from as low as INR 5,000 per session and one session takes about 60 minutes. Our doctors will guide you through the entire procedure in the best possible manner. There are pre-treatment and post-treatment guidelines that you need to follow if you decide to undergo PRP treatment for hair loss. Some of them are listed here but it is a good idea to talk to the doctors about any medications you are taking before you start the treatment.
- Pre-Treatment Guidelines
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines, vitamins, and nutritional supplements for at least two weeks before the treatment starts.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure at least seven days before the treatment.
- Do avoid hair treatments like colouring and styling at least seven days before the treatment.
- Avoid all sorts of alcoholic beverages at least three days before your treatment.
- Do maintain a healthy water intake and stay hydrated.
- Do shower and wash your hair thoroughly and avoid using a new shampoo or a conditioner on the day of your treatment. Instead, use your regular haircare products.
- If you wear hair extensions, please remove them before showering.
- Post-Treatment Guidelines
- Please avoid touching the treated area of your scalp for the first eight hours after the treatment.
- Avoid using Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) painkillers for at least two weeks after the treatment.
- Do avoid wetting your hair for at least three hours and avoid using all sorts of hairstyles or hair care products for at least six hours after the treatment.
- Please avoid any sort of strenuous exercise for the first two days after treatment.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, and swimming pools for a few days after the treatment.
- Avoid alcoholic and highly caffeinated beverages for at least three days after treatment.
- Avoid smoking for at least three days after treatment.
When should one not avail of this treatment?
One should not avail of this treatment under the following circumstances:
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding
- If one has scalp infections, open wounds, or a history of cancer, blood disorders, or medications
- If one has had a chemical or surgical hair treatment recently
To sum it up
Hair loss is a real problem faced by millions of people across the world. But don’t worry! There is help available. Whatever might be the cause of your hair loss, there are several hair regrowth treatment options, including medical (topical and oral) treatments, low-laser therapy, PRP therapy, and hair transplant surgery.
PRP is a revolutionary hair growth treatment that has gained prominence more recently. It has many unique features like being a natural, non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment procedure that can help increase the strength of existing hair. It is one of the best hair regrowth treatment options available.
The cost of a PRP treatment will depend upon the treatment plan the doctor suggests depending upon your condition and your hair goals.
We at UnCover are here to help you uncover the original you. Look no further for the best hair regrowth options. Consult us today. We are the leaders in aesthetic treatments no matter what your beauty goal is. You will have access to personalised, accessible, cost-effective, and tailored aesthetic treatments via state-of-the-art technology. All this is under the able guidance of our experienced and knowledgeable team of professional dermatologists. Book your free consultation today.