Choose the right clinic for laser hair reduction
Unwanted body hair is a common concern among men and women. Laser hair reduction treatment is growing increasingly popular to get rid of unwanted body hair. Indeed, the treatment is effective, but the effectiveness largely depends on the technology used and the person carrying out the treatment.
To get the best results from laser hair reduction (LHR) it is crucial to choose the right LHR clinic. This article will discuss everything one needs to know about laser hair reduction and why one should get it done from UnCover clinics.
What is Laser hair reduction treatment?
Laser hair removal/reduction is a medical procedure where unwanted body hair is removed using a concentrated beam of light (laser). Here, the melanin in body hair absorbs the light emitted by the laser. This absorbed light energy is quickly converted to heat. The heat destroys the hair-producing tube-shaped sacs called hair follicles within the skin.
The entire motive of the process is to stop or delay future hair growth. It might be tough to entirely stop hair growth in a region, but laser hair reduction is highly effective in significantly reducing and delaying hair growth for long periods. However, multiple sessions may be required to see effective results for hair removal.
What are the benefits of Laser hair reduction treatment?
Listed below are the top benefits of laser hair reduction:
Traditional hair removal methods like shaving and waxing are not long-term solutions. Laser hair reduction treatment helps destroy the hair follicles, which delays hair growth for a long period.
Hair removal methods like waxing are highly painful and can be messy. However, laser hair reduction treatment is entirely painless and side effects like redness, irritation, and swelling are eliminated.
More importantly, the treatment removes ingrown hairs, minimizing bumps and inflammation. Also, it is low maintenance and requires only a few touch-ups annually.
Laser hair reduction can be used to effectively delay hair growth in regions like the legs, armpits, upper lip, chin and bikini line. In short, it can remove unwanted hair from almost any part of the body except the eyelid or surrounding area.
Quick and precise results
Laser hair removal sessions do not consume much time. Small body areas like the upper lip, underarms, and bikini line only take 15 minutes. Larger areas of the body may consume more time depending upon the size of the area to be treated.
It can help a person precisely remove hair from hard-to-reach regions. Particularly the ones on a small skin section. It can also be used to shape eyebrows and beards.
The laser hair reduction process
- A topical anaesthetic is given usually 20-30 minutes before laser treatment. This step helps to get a comfortable session, especially when dealing with sensitive areas such as the underarm or bikini line.
- Eye protection is given to the person before beginning the laser process.
- The laser settings are tweaked according to the skin and hair type. Thickness, location, and skin colour are a few factors that influence these settings.
- Some clinics may also apply a cold gel to eliminate inflammation and protect the outer skin.
- The laser beam is then carefully run through the area to eliminate the hair follicles. Here a slight warm pinpricking sensation may be felt. The first session usually causes more sensation compared to the upcoming ones.
- The session is completed within a few minutes to an hour based on the treatment region.
- Once the laser hair reduction treatment is done, an ice pack or anti-inflammatory cream can be given to ease discomfort.
Why are UnCover clinics good for laser hair reduction treatment?
There are many LHR clinics available in India, but to get the best results and avoid side effects, it is crucial to get the best facilities.
Uncover offers one of the best laser hair reduction treatments. Here are a few reasons to choose UnCover over other clinics:
- Laser hair reduction treatment must be carried out in a sterile clinic by a certified dermatologist. UnCover clinics provide a sterile environment throughout the treatment procedure. Also, they have some of the best dermatologists in their team to perform the treatment.
- At UnCover alexandrite and diode technologies are used depending on the type of a person's skin. This ensures that every person receives the laser hair reduction treatment that is best for their skin. Click here to read more about these technologies.
- All the safety equipment, including top-quality eye-gears and cooling gels to prevent inflammation, are given here before starting the treatment process.
- The experts at UnCover take the skin and hair type into account to create a personalized laser hair reduction treatment plan.
Cost of laser hair reduction at UnCover
The cost of laser hair reduction depends on the area of treatment and the skin type. Other factors like hair texture and density are also responsible.
At UnCover, laser hair reduction for underarms starts at Rs 3500 per session. For legs and arms, the rate starts from Rs 8500 per session, each. Treatment for face parts starts at Rs 1800 per session. Better deals are available on booking 3 or 6 sessions at a time. Packages for unlimited free sessions for a year are also available. Click here to know more about the LHR rates at UnCover.
For permanent hair reduction, laser hair reduction is one of the best ways to get rid of unwanted body hair. It is safe and does not cause side effects like those in waxing, tweezing, and other traditional hair removal methods. In this method, a laser is used to destroy the hair follicles in a region to delay hair growth and multiple sessions may be required to achieve desirable results. It is a quick process and each sitting only requires a few minutes to complete
One must remember that laser hair reduction must be done by a certified dermatologist in a sterile environment and a reputed LHR clinic, such as UnCover. At UnCover, we have an experienced and knowledgeable team of qualified and specialized doctors dedicated to providing one of the best cost-effective and personalized laser hair removal treatments for your beauty goals.
CTA: Visit UnCover to get the best LHR treatments for all body parts carried out by some of the best dermatologists in the country. Click here to get started.