Did you know that we shed around 50-150 strands of hair a day? Yet we don't seem to notice much of a difference in hair growth on parts of our bodies like legs, hands etc. Unwanted body hair is a common problem and people are always looking for options to accentuate certain parts of their bodies for aesthetic and hygiene purposes.
While shaving and waxing are cheaper options, they are time-consuming, can cause discomfort and pain, and must be repeated monthly. For these reasons, laser hair removal (LHR) is the best option. The procedure provides long-term hair removal and silky smooth skin.
What Does the Laser Hair Removal Procedure Entail?
Laser hair removal is a non-invasive procedure for removing unwanted hair from the body. This procedure uses a laser device that releases a beam of a specific wavelength to destroy skin follicles. The light used in the laser is selectively absorbed by skin cells and only affects the follicles instead of other cells. It is the most effective treatment for people with hair of darker colour, i.e., black or dark brown hair.
Before the procedure, the cosmetic specialist will cleanse the operative area and apply a numbing gel if necessary. The numbing gel can take about 30-60 minutes to become effective and is only applied to people with very sensitive skin.
During the procedure, everyone in the operating room should have protective eyewear to prevent damage to their eyes. Once the patient is comfortable, the skin is held taut and the laser is applied. The patient will feel warm pinpricks or feel like a snapping rubber band on their skin during the procedure.
The overall duration of the treatment will depend on the size of the targeted area from where the hair is to be removed. It generally takes only a few minutes for small areas like the upper lip and chin but the session may last for more than an hour for large areas like the back or legs.
The duration between two successive laser treatment sessions depends on the individual case. Most clients can undergo a session of laser hair removal once every 4 to 6 weeks. Before beginning the treatment, the cosmetologist will thoroughly plan out the treatment and explain it to the client.
Who is Eligible for a Laser Hair Removal Procedure?
Generally, laser hair removal is performed for people who:
- Have a lot of unwanted hair on their face or body
- Do not want to continue shaving, waxing or bleaching their hair
- Are in good health
Before getting the procedure, the client should have a detailed discussion with their laser hair removal specialist to help set realistic expectations regarding the procedure's results.
You should avoid getting the laser hair removal treatment if you:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have tattoos and mehendi in the treatment area
- Have medical conditions like vitiligo, psoriasis, eczema, allergies, keloids and bleeding disorders.
- Have severe acne, lesions, open wounds or moles on the treatment area.
Types of Laser Hair Removal
Depending on the part of the body where the laser hair removal is to be performed, there are different types of laser hair removal procedures:
- Facial hair removal: Hair removal from the chin, upper lip, cheeks, eyebrows, etc.
- Nostril hair removal: Removal of excessive hair from the nostrils
- Forehead hair removal: Removal of baby hair from the hairline
- Male facial hair removal: Unwanted facial hair on men like beard hair, eyebrows, etc., are removed.
- Beard sculpting: Sculpting the beard line by perfectly trimming the beard hair on the face and neck.
- Legs and bikini hair removal: Hair from the legs and bikini region is removed.
- Arms and underarms hair removal: Hair from the arms and underarm area is removed.
- Back and chest hair removal: For hair-free, smooth skin in the back and chest area, especially in men.
Things to Remember When Getting Laser Hair Removal
It is important to prepare thoroughly for the laser hair removal procedure to prevent complications and ensure the success of the procedure. Some preparatory tips that the client should follow before laser hair removal are:
- The client should enquire about the qualifications of the professionals to ensure they have adequate experience and expertise in the procedure.
- The client should talk to their hair removal specialist before getting any spa or salon services immediately before, after or during the procedure.
- Inform the staff about the complete medical history, symptoms, medications, etc. Discuss the risks, benefits and expectations of the procedure.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight before and after the treatment and apply sunscreen while going out.
- Avoid bleaching or skin-lightening creams that haven’t been prescribed by the cosmetician.
- Avoid using certain skincare products such as retinoids or alpha-hydroxy acids before your treatment to minimize the risk of irritation.
- Do not pluck or wax your body hair at least 4 weeks before the treatment.
- Trim and shave the hair in the area that is to undergo laser hair removal to avoid damage to the underlying skin from burnt hair.
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal Over Other Hair Removal Techniques?
A few benefits of laser hair removal are:
- It is a fast, reliable and long-term solution with a high success rate. This is in contrast to hair waxing, tweezing, shaving, etc., in which the hair can grow back after a few days or weeks.
- It can be performed on all parts of the body and all skin types.
- It requires only 6-8 sessions for complete hair removal and has no significant downtime.
- It protects the person from complications such as ingrown hair, follicular cysts, razor burns, cuts, etc. that are common during shaving and waxing.
For the benefits that laser hair removal offers, the cost of hair removal in various cities is truly value for money.
What is the Cost of Laser Hair Removal in Delhi, Noida, and Gurgaon?
The cost of laser hair removal varies in every city and depends upon several factors. While the range remains fairly consistent in most cities, the exact laser hair removal cost in India is affected by the following factors:
- Size or surface area of the body part where the hair removal procedure needs to be done (larger the area means higher the cost)
- Total number of sessions required to complete the procedure
- Patient’s skin and body hair colour
- Texture, type, and size of hair
- Experience and expertise of the hair removal specialist
- Type of laser machine used
- The technique used for hair removal
At UnCover, the full body laser hair removal costs in Gurgaon, Noida and Delhi are affordable with a promise of a high success rate. While a full-body laser hair removal begins at INR 15,000, you can get unlimited sessions for a year at an affordable cost of INR 80,000.
Often undesirable facial or body hair can result in poor aesthetic appearance, low self-esteem, poor hygiene and other physical and psychological issues. LHR can resolve these issues in the long term with very little risk.
Though the procedure can be a little costlier in comparison to other hair removal techniques like waxing and shaving, it is an effective long-term solution that eliminates the inconvenience of getting hair removed regularly.
With laser hair removal, most people remain hairless for months to years, depending on the case. In most cases, even when the hair grows back, it is very thin, wispy, and barely noticeable.
Uncover offers unique solutions for laser hair removal with US FDA - approved advanced laser machines at state-of-the-art cosmetic facilities. All clinics maintain strict cleanliness and hygiene standards to ensure successful treatment. This is why UnCover has very high customer satisfaction rates.
If you have unwanted hair on any part of your body and want a long-term solution, you should immediately book an appointment for laser hair removal at UnCover Skin and Hair Clinics in Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon.
- How much does laser hair removal cost in Gurgaon?
The cost of laser hair removal in Gurgaon is reasonable and affordable. The treatment begins at around INR 18,000 but you can book a yearly package for unlimited sessions at reduced prices.
- Is laser hair removal permanent?
Hair removal with lasers is permanent if maintained from time to time.
- Is laser hair removal on the face safe?
Laser hair removal is safe for the face. Though temporary side effects may occur in a few people, they are less frequent and subside within a few days.
- Is hair removal painful?
Most people are worried about how painful laser hair removal is. However, you will be glad to know it causes minimal pain and discomfort.