Open pores cause visually apparent alterations on the skin. A buildup of grime, germs, oil, and dead skin cells in these openings is common. A blocked pore may lead to blackheads and, ultimately, acne when it is exposed to air. Acne inflammation is also responsible for open pores on the face. Open pores can be visible on the forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks. Genes, ethnic background, age, sex, and skin quality play a role in pore formation and dispersion.
An overactive sebaceous gland causes blocked and irritated pores in the skin. An elevation in pore diameters and a loss of skin elasticity are the results of an accumulation of oil in the pore canal, which causes the cells of the pores to be stretched over and again.
Common causes of open pores
Open pores on the face are caused by several internal and environmental factors, including the following:
- Excessive production of sebum
- An abundance of hair follicles
- Genetics and hereditary factors
- UV radiation and ageing
- Imbalances in hormone levels
- Nutritional deficiencies and severe skin conditions
Preventive steps for open pores treatment at home
- Consume a variety of colourful fruits and vegetables daily.
- Avoid eating anything high on the glycemic index.
- Use a gentle cleanser twice a day to keep pores clear.
- Always exfoliate to get rid of dull, lifeless skin.
- Thoroughly clean the pores at least once a month.
- Always remove makeup before going to bed. Leaving the makeup on too long significantly contributes to blocked pores.
- To avoid scarring, avoid picking at facial acne.
- Stay hydrated.
- Always use dermatologist-recommended skin care products. If the skin is prone to acne breakouts, one should only use comedogen-free cosmetics and skincare products.
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen daily to prevent sunburn and other skin damage caused by ultraviolet light.
- Moisturize (even if one has oily skin) and use collagen-boosting treatments like retinol to replenish one's face.
- Home treatments used for skin whitening should be avoided since they may trigger allergic reactions in case of open pores on the face.
Scar removal treatment for open pores
One can find different types of masks in the market. Dry masks help reduce open pores and eliminate blackheads. Facial masks can reduce pores by pulling out pollutants. Medical masks like carbon facials and photofacials can also be used under expert guidance.
Clearing pores with a steam facial makes them seem thinner and smoother. Adding herbs or aromatic oils to the steam enhances the experience.
Exfoliating removes dirt and grease that may clog pores. Creams, lotions, and astringents are some exfoliating products. However, one must avoid over-exfoliating the skin to prevent deterioration of the pores.
Laser therapy is not only limited to hair removal or diminishing dark spots; skin doctors also use it as pore-refining lasers. Fraxel laser, Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatment, Laser Genesis, and Pixel Perfect are some non-invasive laser treatments that boost collagen formation and may be especially helpful for ageing or UV-damaged pores.
This innovative therapy to treat open pores on the face works by making micro punctures on the skin with therapeutic microneedles. This reduces pore size by tightening the skin via collagen formation and wound healing.
Trichloroacetic, glycolic acid and salicylic acids remove the uppermost dead skin layer filled with debris. This exfoliates dead cells and lowers sebum production.
Eligibility criteria for open pores treatment
Individuals who believe that the pores on their skin are huge and make their skin look unpleasant can see a dermatologist.
However, the open pores on the face may be a side effect of some medicines. Before moving on with a procedure for open pores, one must complete any previous treatment.
Cost of open pores treatment at UnCover
At UnCover, one-hour sessions begin at Rs. 3,000, and various flexible packages are available for skin care. But, the skin must be prepared weeks in advance for scar removal procedures. Consult the doctor on the guidelines to follow.
Treatments offered by UnCover for open pores on the face
As pores get blocked with age, the cheekbones, nose, and forehead may swell and give an unflattering appearance. One must maintain clean skin and stay out of the sun to reduce pore development.
UnCover provides unparalleled skin care advice and solutions to help reduce the appearance of prominent pores, improving one's overall appearance. Experienced dermatologists close facial pores using professional therapies. They know Indian skin type, texture, tone, and colours to deliver the best treatment for open pores. They divide skin tones into categories and offer natural or therapeutic dermal therapies depending on the skin condition.
CTA: Are you also looking for a one-stop solution for open pores treatment? Look no further than UnCover and leave the rest to us! Call us now!